About High Performance Sport NZ
The following year, and in accordance with Government expectation, the Sport NZ Board established High Performance Sport NZ as a Crown Entity Subsidiary, with a mandate to lead the high performance sport system to new levels of performance.
The structural foundation for this system was the merger of the NZ Academy of Sport North Island, NZ Academy of Sport South Island and SPARC high performance unit in August 2011, to create High Performance Sport NZ as a crown entity subsidiary.
Today, High Performance Sport NZ leads the high performance sports system in New Zealand. We work in partnership with national sport organisations (NSOs), allocating resources to sports organisations and athletes and delivering world-leading support to impact performance.
What We Do
- Lead a highly effective high performance system that ensures resources are targeted and prioritised to deliver performance outcomes.
- Work in partnership to increase the stability andhigh performance capability of NSOs.
- Partner with NSOs to build world-leading coaching andhigh performance programme leadership.
- Deliver world-leading performance support for our athletes and coaches.
- Enhance the daily training and competition environments.
- Strengthen high performance athlete development systems.
- Lead an integrated and robust innovation, technology and knowledge programme to drive increased performance.
Where we are
HPSNZ operates out of a network of world-class facilities around the country. At our facilities, athletes can train, use recovery areas, and get the performance support they need all under the one roof.
Athletes access our network of training centres in: