Achieving in sport is as much about the person as it is about the training. Your lifestyle as an athlete has some unique aspects which must be managed effectively
Personal and professional, and using your support team.
- Managing your relationships (doc)
- Also look at our skill development section on communication skills
Strategies for managing this effectively.
Moving house/relocating town, settling in and finding new support systems.
- Relocation checklist (xls)
Non-selection and injury, managing grief/disappointment.
What is expected of you?
Life seems to go at a pretty hectic pace and it’s not very often that we stop and consider whether it is going in the direction we want. How do you prioritise your time to juggle the demands of your sport and other areas of your life? Read more here
Links to useful websites for more tools
New tools are regularly added to the website. You can also get resources directly from your Athlete Life Advisor.
- A perspective from world leading triathletes in their build up to the Olympic Games - some key thoughts around professionalism
- Adjusting to change - what can you expect and how do you cope with it?
Advice and templates
New tools are added to the website regularly. You can also get resources directly from your Athlete Life Advisor.