The programme develops skills that ultimately improve the quality of elite-level sporting performance.
Applications are now open for intake 2 of Prime Ministers Support Team Scholarships for 2017 . Applications for this round close at 5pm on the 31st of March. You can access the application portal here.
The purpose of Support Team Scholarships is to invest in education opportunities to enable world leading performance from New Zealand’s top athletic talent, by prioritising resources for increasing expertise that will directly impact athlete performance and enable the sustainability of our support team talent pool.
Examples of activities supported by the programme include: multi-sport or cross-sport coach and leader development initiatives, accreditation requirements, business coaching, mentoring, training, internships, conferences, study visits, observations at key sporting events, discussions on ‘best’ practice, on-the-job shadowing, participation in peer network activities, participation in international committees or working groups, peer review of professional work, travel, accommodation, incidentals and in some cases limited reimbursement for lost income.
Scholarships do not support sport coaching, service delivery, membership fees for professional bodies or industry groups, or the purchase of any equipment associated with the applicant’s vocation, job role or as a requirement for the project.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
To be eligible to apply for support team scholarhsips an applicant must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Be a Support Team member.
- Be working with high performance athletes, or working directly in a high performance environment.
- Be endorsed by their NSO and/or HPSNZ leading up to and during the scholarship.
- Where applicable, be endorsed by the applicant’s Sport Performance Manager and Discipline Lead (performance service providers only) and Performance Consultant (these endorsements are compulsory for HPSNZ employees).
- Be acknowledged in a NSO’s High Performance plan or Service plan; or identified by their NSO or HPSNZ as an emerging talent who will impact high performance sport within the next 5 years.
- For individual applications, have an up-to-date Professional Development plan.
- For group applications, have an up-to-date Group Development plan or strategy.
- Have demonstrated commitment to their NSO’s education and development pathways (if available).
- Submit a complete application including required endorsements and supporting information.
- Have no outstanding scholarship requirements.
FORMS AND REPORTS
Programme Guide (PDF) for Support Team
Draft application form (Word)
Final reports are due within four weeks of completing a scholarship. Please contact your NSO before submitting a report. See link here for the draft report form to begin the collation of your report detail. Once completed please send the form and all financial information through to email@example.com.
If you need to make changes to an existing scholarship, please contact Travis White at the above email address or on 021 838 560.