The residency fund pilot project has been redesigned to help women bridge the gap between development programmes, and leadership and coaching roles that enable them to contribute to diverse, equitable and inclusive environments in high performance sport.
HPSNZ will partner with NSOs to create ‘Residency Experiences’, which are integrated packages designed to ensure individual growth, exposure, and opportunity is at the heart of the high performance experience for the women taking part.
With mutually beneficial outcomes for all involved, the Residency Experience aims to establish a pipeline of highly capable women who aspire to a sustainable career in high performance sport leadership and coaching positions. It will also empower NSOs to take full advantage of the competitive edge a truly integrated, diverse, equitable and inclusive high performance environment can provide.
Women in HP Sport Residency Fund Guidelines
Women in High Performance Sport Residency Fund positions (Cohort 1 – 2020/21)
- Sarah Blake, High Performance Programmes Lead, Cycling New Zealand
- Rosie Chapman, Women’s Sailing Manager, Yachting New Zealand
- Tanya Hamilton, High Performance Manager, Surf Life Saving New Zealand
- Melinda Hodgson, High Performance Programmes Manager, Basketball New Zealand
- Esther Molloy, Silver Ferns Manager and High Performance Programmes Manager, Netball New Zealand
- Michelle Wood, Performance Services Manager, Snow Sports New Zealand
- Kari Carswell, Women’s Residency Coach, New Zealand Cricket
- Natalie Lawrence – Future Ferns Domestic Programme Assistant Manager, WU20’S Assistant Coach, Coach Mentor, Football New Zealand