Update – 24 September 2020
Auckland has moved back to COVID-19 Alert Level 2 and the rest of the country to Level 1 until at least 2359 on Wednesday 7 October.
The following are the key points regarding HPSNZ facilities and services for Auckland and the rest of New Zealand.
Auckland (COVID-19 Alert Level 2)
- HPSNZ services and facilities will operate as they previously did at Alert Level 2
- HPSNZ Performance Health Centre and gym sessions are by appointment only
- Gaps will be scheduled between sessions to allow for cleaning of facilities
- Contact tracing, physical distancing and hygiene protocols apply.
- Please review previously released guidelines for high performance sport at COVID-19 Alert Level 2 for further information.
Outside Auckland (COVID-19 Alert Level 1)
- Contact tracing – please continue to use the Government contact tracing app or sign in manually
- Our training centres have always had limits – we reduced them during Level 2 and they return to normal limits at Level 1.
- Drop-in sessions will be back on but being managed by the Strength and Conditioning team.
- In Performance Health we are still going to triage athletes before 1:1 consultations – and unwell athletes will be managed via telehealth.
- Athletes who are unwell at HPSNZ facilities will be asked to go home and call their medical director, or Performance Health if they do not have one
Note: Any information we provide is based on currently available Government advice at the time of distribution.