Carded Coach Programme
The Carded Coach Programme provides individual support to the country's top coaches.
The Carded Coach Programme assists coaches to:
- develop their coaching capability and leadership
- access High Performance Sport New Zealand resources – people, technology, equipment
- access personal support to deal with the pressures that accompany high performance coaching.
It also helps national sport organisations (NSOs) develop their coaches.
Carded Coach Categories
- Performance + (P+) coaches: needs-based priority access to High Performance Sport NZ resources with individualised support from the High Performance Coaching Team.
- Performance (P) coaches: needs-based access to High Performance Sport NZ resources contingent on availability, with limited individualised support from the High Performance Coaching Team.
Who is eligible?
- High Performance Coaches identified by their NSO
- Carded Coaches must be identified within the NSO High Performance Coach pathways and coaching carded athletes.
P+ and P coach carding category will be agreed in consultation with the High Performance Director according to programme priorities and the NSO HP Coach pathways.
Responsibilities of the coach include:
- developing, implementing and monitoring a Performance and Development Plan
- seeking regular feedback on their performance
- prioritising learning
- having a plan for their athletes.
National Sport Organisation responsibilities
Responsibilities of the NSO include:
- investing time in assisting coaches to develop their performance and development plans
- providing position descriptions and performance targets for coaches
- supporting coaches to set aside time for learning and developing
- investing in professional development for coaches
- reviewing the performances of coaches.